Sunday, May 23, 2010

Granny Square Love



It's definitely been a lazy Sunday around here! My hubby and I are just enjoying the warm weather. He's working on a project right now. And I'm sitting out on our back patio. I was searching through some of my favorite craft blogs. And I found this picture at Cakies.

It reminds me of something my hubby's grandma would have made. In fact, Lola has this HUGE granny square blanket that their grandma made her. She loves it to pieces and cherishes it. It's one large granny square made with a variety of colors.

I really like this blanket. I want to start making one like it. I'm going to use this picture as an inspiration. I'm not sure how big or small it will be. But this one is a crib sized blanket, for a baby. I'm not sure, but I'm probably not going to make the same squares. Because I don't know how to make these squares. But I'm going to make a regular granny square. I can't wait!

No comments: