Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



Today is Mother's Day, I for one, am very excited. This is a day to celebrate the amazing women in my life. My mom is more than my mom. As an adult, she has become one of my best friends. I look up to her and aspire to be like her. If in my lifetime, I become half the woman she is, I am very lucky.

My other mom (mother-in-law) is just as amazing. She completely wrapped me up into her family. It's the welcoming arms that I have come to love. She completely embraced me as one of her kids. It's very easy to love someone like her.

My aunt is another one of those women that I Thank god for. She has become one of my corner stones. In all actuallity, she is my husband's aunt, but she loves me like I am one of her kids. I learn so much from her on a daily basis. She doesn't laugh when I plant tulip bulbs upside down, forget to take the laundry down before the sprinklers go on, or dunk the biscochitos in the sugar before I bake them.

Last, is my grandma. I owe so much to her. She has shaped my life, and those of the other women in my family. I cannot even imagine what life would be like without her. I just smile when I think of her warm smile, generous heart and the courage woman that she is.

I am a very lucky woman. Today, will be about celebrating all of these phenomenial women in my life. One day, I hope to join the ranks of Motherhood. But until then, I just enjoy the company of such amazing moms.

Time to go have fun with my family! :)

No comments: