Friday, May 1, 2009

My New Love

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes




Who would have thought? Lola e-mailed me this recipe a while back. But I have to admit, I hadn't tried it yet. Am I crazy? I could be. But something just told me I had to bake them when I got up this morning. It was still cool outside. Here's the recipe.....and some pictures. They aren't mine, since we lost our camera. But I found some pictures on the web that I am posting. :)





Yield: 2 dozen
Bake time: 20 minutes
Temperature: 350


Ingredients:

1 1/2 c flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c softened butter
1/4c sugar
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c mini chocolate chips
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/3c water
1/3c canola oil
3 eggs


Directions:

1. Cream together butter and sugars. Once combined add 1 egg and vanilla extract.

2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the creamed butter mixture until just combined.

3. Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Make Tbsp-sized balls and freeze until firm. About 2 hours.

4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and line 2 cupcake pans with liners.

5. Prepare the yellow cake mix to directions on the box. Fill the liners 2/3 full and place 1 frozen dough ball in the center.

6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least10 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.

*For frosting, I combined a container of whipped chocolate frosting and cool whip. Then I used a large frosting tip to swirl it on top of the cupcakes. My Hubby helped by sprinkling them with chocolate sprinkles when he got home. I didn't have any at home, so he bought some on his way home from work. :)

No comments: